Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

15 weeks

Well today is my 15th week of pregnancy. It is hard to believe that it was just Christmas when we told our parents/brother/sister and now March has begun and I am 15 weeks along!

Many people ask questions, so I thought I would answer a few here:

1- When did you find out you were pregnant?
Right before we left for the New Mexico Bowl, I was just a few days late and took a test and it was a faint positive...It was funny, we were holding it up to the light, looking at it every way, but there was definitely a faint positive...So, we took that as our sign and I didn't drink alcohol from that point while we were in A-Que..The Saturday night we got back from the bowl, leaving to go my parents for X-Mas the next day, I took another test and it was a definite postive! So, we knew very early on.

2- Who did you tell first?
This is a HARD secret to hold from people, especially your parents. We told my parents and brother at a little over 5 weeks and Coleman's parents and sister at about 6 weeks. We really wanted to tell them in person, so that was our time. They had to hold the news for a few weeks, ok- more than a few, I really appreciated them respecting that, but after our 10 week appointment and untrasound, we started telling friends.

3- Have you been sick?
In terms of "morning sickness" I haven't had any of that. About Week 8 I started getting some nausea throughout the day and I was EXTREMELY fatigued. The fatigue was the worst of it and I guess I hadn't expected it so much, so I had to work through that. Mostly, I just got good rest and took it easy at work and home and on weekends.

4- Boy or girl? We will hopefully find out at our 2nd trimester ultrasound scheduled for March 26. All I can say is that Coleman and I both have had dreams we had a boy and my grandmother said she thought it was going to be a boy, so that's what we have to report. Names? We have thought about names for both, but nothing for certain.....Shocker- I love double names for girls and Coleman is a junior so a III is a possibility... More to come on that.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! We really appreciate the support.

2 comments:

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

MB & Coleman- We are so super excited for you guys!! You will both be great parents and we look forward to keeping up with your new adventure as "parents":)

Hurry and move back to the East Coast:):) We miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

MBJ I am so happy for ya'll. I voted you will have a boy and my accuracy has been pretty good these days. Glad your first pregnancy has been an easy one so far. I was never sick but VERY tired. It leaves you. Love and miss you

Andrea